Edward Khoury is a leading figure in industrial design in Western Australia, securing major design contracts with large corporate companies and creating innovative products for individual entrepreneurs.Khoury qualified as an industrial designer in 1983 after serving two years in the South Africa Defence Force in the Department of Director Force Training. Khoury founded Form Designs in 1982 to pursue his passion for design and innovation, and for 14 years led the largest industrial design company in Johannesburg, South Africa. In 1994 Khoury obtained his Higher Diploma in Industrial Design and lectured part time at the school of Art and Design in Johannesburg.
After moving to Perth in 1996 he re-established his design consultancy with his wife Sharon under the name Form Designs Australia. In the ensuing years he built up a considerable reputation working for both major corporations and individual inventors, and is now the leader in the Perth market for innovation and design. In his 32 years’ experience, Khoury has established strong relationships with clients and manufacturers around the world.
Khoury’s impressive list of clients includes DeLonghi in Japan, 3M in South Africa, Hafele and Rommelsbacher in Germany and Strix in the UK. Locally, he and his team have worked on many creative projects including the Eco Shark Barrier, the Lions Eye Institute’s portable eye imaging device, the Schuetz DSL dip tube, the Advantage Air central control system, the 300K light fitting adaptor, the Globaltech Pathfinder, Intium Energy’s Conveyor Belt Monitor and the revolutionary ClubWhizz golf brush to name a few.
Awards and Commendations
Khoury’s designs have been recognised amongst the elite industrial design projects in the country.
He has three times been honoured by the Design Institute of Australia for exceptional product designs:
– Design Institute of Australia Awards: Commendation, Club Whizz (Product Design: Industrial)
– Design Institute of Australia Awards: Commendation – 300K Connex (Product Design: Industrial)
– Design Institute of Australia Awards: Commendation – Schuetz DSL (Product Design: Industrial)
Khoury has also been recognised for the way he grew and managed his industrial design business:
– Ernst and Young Business Personality of the Week Award
He has registered over 300 patents and designs on projects over the past three decades, which is testament to his ability to innovate.
Edward Khoury Resumé:
– Lecturer of Industrial Design, NHDID, Technikon Witwatersrand School of Art and Design, South Africa: 1994.
– Founder & Managing Director: Form Designs Australia Pty Ltd.
– Holder of in excess of 300 patents as inventor or co-inventor.
– Developed products in the appliance industry resulting in major exhibitions in Germany and China.
– The South African Post Office – Postage Crate and Containerization System, South Africa
– Telkom – Telephone Booth, South Africa
– AECI – Detonator and Crimping Tool, South Africa
– 3M – Tape and Post-It Note Dispenser, South Africa
– SKOK Systems – CAD workstation, South Africa
– Phillips SA – TV Shrouds and Bezels, South Africa
– Symo Corporation – Walling System, South Africa
– Amalgamated Appliances – Numerous Appliances, South Africa
– SwimLine – Pool Cleaner / Chlorine Dispenser, South Africa
– Schuetz DSL – Bellows Pipe, Valve, Drums, Germany/Perth
– Barrett Communications – Mobile Antenna / Communications Equipment, Perth
– St Thomas More Catholic Church – Shrine, Perth
– Tolife Technologies – Nabcomb / Opticomb, Perth
– MacMahon – Office Furniture System, Perth
– Sutherland Mining – Detonator Plugs, Perth
– ERG – Ticket Validator and Issuing Machine, Perth
– Drill Kleen – Hole Saw Dust Container, Perth
– Stefani – Store Ease Storage System, Perth
– Ampac – Fire Detection System Housings and Control Panels, Perth
– Pascoes – Numerous Containers, Perth
– Lions Eye Institute – Portable Eye Imaging Device, Perth
– Hafele – Built in Cordless System, Germany
– Rommelsbacher – Appliances, Germany
– Fagor – Appliances, Spain
– Strix – Appliances, Isle of Man